If you’re thinking about filing a personal injury claim it actually a very simple process, which can begin with a phone call. You can make it to the insurer of the driver who caused the accident or call your own insurer if you’re in a no-fault state that way you can acquire your Personal Injury Protection (PIP) benefit like lost wages and medical expenses.
For various other accidents, you may need to call the store manager or owner, so that you can get their insurance information on the basis of premises liability matter, or even call the manufacturer if a product was the reason for your injury.
Although opening a personal injury claim is just a phone call away, however, preparing for the lawsuit can involve more work than you expected.
The Steps for Filing
When you’re going for a claim on the basis of personal injury here’s what you need to do before so that the issue is quickly resolved and the process is done smoothly:
* You need to collect and show all the insurance information from the all the parties involved, which includes name, address, policy number of the policy holder and the address of the insurer.
* You need to give a complete detailed description of the incident which includes speed of impact, the site of the accident, license plate number, model, road conditions and even the weather.
Make sure you take photos of your damaged vehicle, the product, the accident site, and of course of your injuries.
* Get medical treatment immediately
* Find an estimate of your damages
* Document all your expenses
* Collect the names and addresses of all the witnesses present.
* Get the traffic accident report
* In case of other types of accidents that may occur you may need to include all identifying information on what caused your injury, what you bought, and from where, and how did you use it?
It is important to know that when you apply for a personal injury claim, you should do it promptly. Or else, you will experience delays in every aspect of the process, with much skepticism by an insurer. In no fault states, in a car accident the lost wages and medical bills are taken care of by your own insurer. That way you can make your claim for PIP benefits as soon as you want.
If you’re living in Las Vegas and you come across such situations that require opening a claim then consider hiring an experience Las Vegas personal injury law firm that could easily help you will the process and ensure a smooth transaction.