When an accident happens, how does a person go about finding the best Las Vegas personal injury law firm? When an accident happens and it is the result of negligence, you will want a law firm that can fight hard for you and get awarded maximum compensation. Here are a few tips on how to find the lawyers that are right for you:
Speed is of the essence:
Any injury that you sustained in a car accident, at work, on private or public property or even medical can be the subject of a lawsuit. If the injury was the result of someone’s negligence, then getting to a Las Vegas personal injury law firm such as Gazda & Tadayon as quickly as possible will heighten your chances of success. There are reasons for this urgency:
* The longer you wait, the more difficult it becomes to collect substantiating evidence. Cases involving personal injury are best brought to court when the allegations of negligence can be backed by witness’s statements, photographs from the scene of the accident, hospital and police reports and anything else that can be used to substantiate the assertions. An accident scene can very quickly be compromised, and the memory of witnesses deteriorates. In the eyes of the law, these things cast doubt on the case. Because of this, getting a good attorney is of paramount importance if you want your case to prosper.
* In the case of a personal injury suit, the law is strict on the amount of time that can pass between the event and the filing of the case. If the case is filed late, it may be denied by the court.
Get a skilled and accomplished attorney:
Any attorney can represent you in any legal matter, but you need to know that you have the best. Many law firms simply do not have lawyers who specialize in personal injury cases. When you are interviewing lawyers, pay particular attention to those who have prosecuted cases similar to yours. If your attorney has filed similar cases with the court he already knows the tact to take to support your plea for adequate compensation. When you are discussing the case, ask a few questions:
* Ask them to disclose their fees and find out if they take cases on a contingency basis. this urgency:
* If they do take cases on contingency, what percentage of the award do they expect?
* Investigate their standing and reputation in the community. If the case does go to court, you want a lawyer with a sterling reputation so that he stands in high esteem in the eyes of the court and his opposite number on the defense.
* Speak to his staff and ask yourself if you feel comfortable with them. You will be spending time giving depositions and providing statements so you should feel at ease.
Without the interview process, you may find yourself with an attorney that has spent a lot of money on advertising and promotion but is really not up to the job. Go beyond the hype, you want a competent lawyer, who can represent your case.
Choosing the best Law Vegas personal injury law firm does not have to be difficult. Visit the law offices of Gazda & Tadayon, Trial Lawyers and you will find yourself represented by a firm determined to fight for your rights.