Aside from the healing process, one of the most difficult issues a person faces after an accident is knowing whether or not to hire an attorney. A simple accident rarely needs legal assistance because the compensation amount is low and insurance companies will rarely dispute small claims. When serious injuries and major damages occur, an injured victim may need to seek the help of a Car Accident Attorney in Grand Rapids MI. An attorney will help the victim in the process of receiving fair compensation.
If any of these are occurring, a victim may need to seek help from an attorney.
- The insurance company has refused the claim and sent a letter of denial.
- The insurance adjuster is asking for previous medical records.
- The at-fault driver was uninsured or under-insured.
- The victim needed surgery or spent time in the hospital.
- The victim will need ongoing medical treatment well into the future.
- The victim can no longer work as a result of their injuries.
- The insurance company is refusing to offer a fair settlement.
Meeting with a Car Accident Attorney in Grand Rapids MI will allow an injured victim to discover information that will help them in their pursuit of compensation. A victim will learn how much their claim is valued at, who they can pursue in a lawsuit, and what will be involved in the process of working with the insurance company or seeking a lawsuit.
There are never any guarantees that can be offered when hiring an attorney. An attorney cannot promise an outcome, but they can give their client peace of mind in the process as they work to protect the victim’s rights and help them seek a fair outcome. Click here for more information.
The time period for filing a car accident claim in Michigan is three years. Although this offers plenty of time to file a lawsuit, it behooves victims to seek an attorney much earlier than that time limit allows so they can be sure they do not experience delays that could force them to not meet the time limitations.
Injured accident victims need to be made aware of their rights. If issues are arising with your claim, call the Bleakley Law Offices P C to get the legal help you need.